The Board Is Committed To Serving The Highest Good
Of Our Spiritual Community.
Rick McCommon – Vice President
Geary Dismukes – Treasurer
Jackie Oakes – Secretary
Desmond (Desi) Clark
Audri Scott Williams
The Board of Directors meets the third Sunday every month, after service. The meetings are open to all congregants. There are seven key priorities that SEC board members are responsible for:
- providing support to our SEC ministers, practitioners, staff, other board members, and congregants to ensure a harmonious and thriving community;
- upholding all SEC’s by-laws as well as ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local laws for a 501(c)(3);
- maintaining an inviting physical location as well as a strong and engaging online presence;
- overseeing the SEC’s finances;
- promoting the SEC to the larger world in word and deed and creating a welcoming atmosphere at the SEC;
- practicing open, thoughtful, and kind communication in all affairs; and
- seeking to actively incorporate New Thought teachings into their lives.
If you are a member and would like to give a suggestion to the board or if you have an issue that you would like to bring to the board’s attention, please feel free to email Jeneve Brooks, the Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, all members are welcome to come to board meetings and are invited to voice any items for the board’s consideration towards the end of the meeting time. In the board meetings, we first address all the official board business of the day, before opening up the floor to visitors.